For 30 Years Felipe Del Pozo Did It For The Culture
When I’ve first met Felipe Del Pozo a year ago, something told me he wasn’t your regular PR agent per say. I couldn’t help but notice his rockstar demeanor suggesting a sense of wildness and adventure. What really stood out too was his signature I’m-almost-50-but-I-look-like-30 aura that made us want to work with him from the jump.
I’m not even 30 yet and even though life seems ahead of me, my worst fear is to wake up at 50 years old and say: ”What If?”. Felipe Del Pozo perhaps embodies what a successful life/career should look like.
Succesful not in terms of status, material or anything like that. Something deeper, more real and impossible to buy: fulfillment. At 50 years old, Felipe is not saying ”What If?”, he’s saying ”What’s Next?”. Same guy, new challenges and I can’t help but admire that.
Being a PR agent didn’t make him rich but he was able to get paid off his passion for 30 years now. He was just a 19 year old kid, driven, passionate and eager to learn and experiment (strangely enough, this kid seems alive to this day!).
From working with Quebec’s most sought-after showbusiness personalities such as Eric Lapointe, Anne-Marie Losique and many more, Felipe lived the rockstar way for the past 3 decades.
Genuine, energic, professional, flamboyant and totally outside the box; Felipe to me is the No-Flash-No-BS version of what a PR agent SHOULD be. I guess great rebels are misunderstood but regardless, Felipe gets the work done (the real question is when does he sleeps actually?).
Today, we’ve asked the man himself to reflect on his 30 years in the business and give us some insights about how to stay young forever (the guy makes 50 look like 30 we have to know man!)
How Did You Get Your First Start In The PR Industry?
By pure luck. I wanted to be a rock journalist. When I was 19, I met a press agent from a record company and she offered me to be her assistant. I seized this opportunity and I took the risk!
Now In retrospect, I feel like the movie Almost Famous was a little bit about me! Since then, I’ve been through a lot of scenes of Californication and Get Him to the Greek!
What Person Or Group You Never Thought You Would’ve Work With?
This question brings me back to basics: never lose the fire in you, stay passionate and keep that spark that keeps you young.
To have worked with INXS was to meet my idols and they did not disappoint me. Having also connected through Facebook with my favorite photographer, Richard Aujard, and his lover, Lza Steyaert, is a huge honor. They offered me the most unimaginable gifts: the autograph signed in my name by Mickey Rourke.
What Was Your Most Epic Moment Throughout Your Career So Far?
Arranging the booking of more than 40 personalities and press relations for the 45th anniversary of Give Peace a Chance for Amnesty International at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel.
Also to record this song again in the same hotel room as John Lennon and Yoko Ono stayed at when they’ve visited Montreal. UNFORGETTABLE!
If You Could Talk To Your 19 Year Old Self, What Would You Say?
To have a career plan! To realize that the years pass quickly. I never thought in terms of making money. I was candid and naive. But I think it’s what allowed me to go against all odds.
What’s Your Secret For Staying Young At Heart And Being In The Now?
Meeting people like you at Montrealgostyle! I like to share, collaborate and discover new people. I have never been afraid to take on new challenges and launch new projects.
Any Future Projects In Mind?
Of course! With daring personalities and big events like a huge party for the Formula 1 Grand Prix!
What Would Be Your 3 Keys To Success?
Always be authentic! Listen to your instinct. Enjoy every moment of the ride of this crazy roller coaster!
”Suit And Tie” Or ”T-shirts, Tattoos And Wallet Chains”?
T-shirt, tattoos and wallet chains forever! They are part of my DNA. I’ve always dressed in black, wore leather, it’s not a disguise for me. I am who I am, for better or worse. I’ve even lost a job because of my look: too bad for them!
What’s the future of The PR industry?
Even though we are in the era of social media and new technologies, we must never lose the foundation, the essential of communications. We must never forget human contact. Give a handshake, look straight in the eyes, return calls. Me, I’m old-fashioned and I believe it. The content and the message are more important than the “likes”.
To Connect With Felipe Del Pozo
Follow Him On Instagram!
What Do You Think About His Journey?
Let Us Know On Facebook Now!
Montreal Mural Arts Festival : Everything you need to know
Everything you need to know about the Montreal Mural Arts Festival is here !
This is the 7th edition of the festival.
It all started from the dream of 4 men who loved traveling around the world to attend the planet’s best festivals. Alexis Froissart, Andre Bathalon, Yan Cordeau and Nicolas Munn Rico (founders of the Mural festival) noticed there was a gap in the market.
Rockstar Jaypee Might Be The 1st Montreal Artist To Build His Own Wave Of Trap Music
The Rockstar Way!
Rockstar Jaypee: A Montreal Artist ”Pas Comme Les Autres”
Rockstar Jaypee is an upcoming Montreal artist to look out for. His creative approach to his art puts him in a different plateau and sets him apart from other upcoming artists from the city.
In his music videos, you really see the effort and imagination of creativity that goes into his art. It does not just stop there. Just as his music and style sets him apart, his mind also sets him apart.
Born in Haiti in 1992. He grew up in Haiti until he was sixteen years old.
When it comes to Hip Hop, critics usually say that Montreal hasn’t build its own sound yet. MTL rappers often get accused of stealing flows, sounding like american rappers and even of copy-pasting their image.
Well to the same critics we can now say that artists like Rockstar Jaypee make the exception. His sound may have different influences but yet it’s still HIS sound.
We were curious about Jaypee. We wanted to find out more about him as an artist. We’ve recently sat down with him to talk about his inspirations & how he creates music.
I spoke with Jaypee to ask him what inspires him and how long he has been writing music. He has been writing songs since 2011.
He does not have a particular method in his way of creation. He sees writing a verse or song as similar to executing a chemical reaction in a lab.
He separates a verse into components to go with the flow. The amount or dosage of lyrics is pre-decided. The value between flow and lyrics is equal , although the flow does keeps a slight edge.
Depending on the subject or type of song. The dosage will be played with such components such as: amount of naughtiness, street life references, aggressive verses, philosophic messages, word play and etc.
Jaypee’s music genre would be categorized into many different things. Alternative, Trap, Hip Hop and R&B. My favourite songs by Jaypee would have to be “ Fukk Em” (produced by Gxlden Child) , “ Trill$hit” ( produced by yadunnknow), “ The Win” as a feature on Gxlden Child’s track and“ Eat it ” ft Big Dawg Lu.
Take some time to check out his music and make a choice about what songs are your favorite.
Follow Rockstar Jaypee
10 Questions With #Seemenowapparel : Redefining Fashion One Piece At A Time
A Brand Powered By The People
See Me Now Apparel :Poweful People Create Powerful Brands!
See Me Now Apparel is owned by CEO & Founder Sidney Idemudia. See Me Now Apparel is an e-commerce based company founded in Halifax Nova Scotia. Idemudia explains that the “focus is to provide our custfashionomers with affordable but yet unique and trendy clothing to keep them up to date with the fashion speed, while bringing out the best in them. Our aim is to give back to our customers, highlight them to the world and make them feel very special, thus our name, ‘See Me Now Apparel’.”
1.Can you tell me how you created the name? The name SeeMeNow Apparel was thought of in the light of putting focus and attention on our customers. Other names like SeeMe, Recognize me and others were considered but some had been used already and none made more impact on my mind and people I shared it with than “SeeMeNow”.
2. How did you start out with the business? I started the business with the thought of providing people around me with fashion forward and affordable apparel because I realized that a lot of people I know in Halifax like to dress up and look good but always didn’t know where to find what they are really looking for. So I thought putting brands that make fashion forward apparel together under my website and advertising them would be the best approach to solving this problem.
3. Have you always been interested in fashion? Yes, I have always been interested in fashion ever since my peers weren’t too happy about what I wore at a grade 9 party and to be honest, I wasn’t too happy with what I wore at that time when I think of it. So I made a decision to be more interested in fashion and always be aware of what I wear by staying constantly updated with the fashion speed and being around people who are constantly interested in and driven for fashion.
4. Where do you find your inspiration? I find inspiration from the people around me, social media and celebrities on television. For my men’s outfits, I like to portray a casual look sometimes by dressing in style with the hip hop fashion trend with a loose shirt, jeans or shorts, sneakers, a ball hat and sometimes a bomber jacket depending on the weather. I love to look classy a lot more so I’ll wear fitted dress shirts, suit and pants which I get a lot from social media and television. For the female apparel that I sell, I get inspirations from friends around me and bloggers on social media. As for the business, I get my inspiration from my passion to do the business and making people happy. I feel so much joy and happiness to see people happy to be highlighted as Miss SeeMeNow for an entire month on the front page of my website.
5. What advice would you give to others starting out? a. The best advice I’ll give is to keep their heads down and stay focused because the best is yet to come.
6. How do you select the brands you are going to work with? I look for them online or they reach out to me sometimes. However, I select the brands I want to work with if they connect with the style that my team and I are portraying, which is an affordable fashion forward trendy look for both Women and Men.
7. What is your favorite go-to-look? For women, my favorite go-to-look is a bodycon dress and a pair of short or tall heels because it works well for going out on dates, night out dancing, light shopping and even out with friends. For men, a pair of ripped or motorcycle jeans, loose t-shirt with a wide round neck, a ball hat and a pair of Nike or Adidas sneakers.
8. Any advice you would give people to spruce up a simple look? Be creative and willing to step out of your comfort zone. For women, don’t be afraid to try new things too, step out of your comfort zone and throw on a fitted dress with heels to go out on a date or dance and wear something loose or sporty on a casual day. For men, it took me a little bit of time to adjust to skinny jeans and fitted dress pants when they started to come in style but I had to step out of my comfort zone.
9. What projects are you currently working on? I had a very successful pop up store last year and I’m currently working on opening another pop up before the end of this year or early next year.
10. Where do you see your company going in the next 3 years? I see my company expanding, being on the verge of opening a local store or stores in other cities where people can come to shop for affordable fashion forward apparel and also see themselves on displays around the store. I also see people asking my fashion team for free fashion tips through my website and in store when it becomes a reality.
Shop online at See Me Now Apparel
Like See Me Now Apparel on Facebook
Follow See Me Now Apparel on instagram
Tweet See Me Now Apparel
Fashion & Lifestyle3 years ago
We Ask A Personal Development Coach How To Overcome The Ins and Outs Of The Crisis
What's up4 years ago
I Went To A Swingers Club And I Actually Enjoyed It
Inspiration5 years ago
Learn How A Teenager Invented The First Sneaker Pawn Shop (& Made It To Forbes)
Fashion & Lifestyle6 years ago
Life After Money And Violence: Ray Guercy Launches A New Clothing Line
Inspiration6 years ago
Is John Q The Last Real Father Alive?
Fashion & Lifestyle4 years ago
Sneaker Related: 5 Upcoming Sneakers You Need To Grab This Month