10 Questions With #Seemenowapparel : Redefining Fashion One Piece At A Time
A Brand Powered By The People
See Me Now Apparel :Poweful People Create Powerful Brands!
See Me Now Apparel is owned by CEO & Founder Sidney Idemudia. See Me Now Apparel is an e-commerce based company founded in Halifax Nova Scotia. Idemudia explains that the “focus is to provide our custfashionomers with affordable but yet unique and trendy clothing to keep them up to date with the fashion speed, while bringing out the best in them. Our aim is to give back to our customers, highlight them to the world and make them feel very special, thus our name, ‘See Me Now Apparel’.”
1.Can you tell me how you created the name? The name SeeMeNow Apparel was thought of in the light of putting focus and attention on our customers. Other names like SeeMe, Recognize me and others were considered but some had been used already and none made more impact on my mind and people I shared it with than “SeeMeNow”.
2. How did you start out with the business? I started the business with the thought of providing people around me with fashion forward and affordable apparel because I realized that a lot of people I know in Halifax like to dress up and look good but always didn’t know where to find what they are really looking for. So I thought putting brands that make fashion forward apparel together under my website and advertising them would be the best approach to solving this problem.
3. Have you always been interested in fashion? Yes, I have always been interested in fashion ever since my peers weren’t too happy about what I wore at a grade 9 party and to be honest, I wasn’t too happy with what I wore at that time when I think of it. So I made a decision to be more interested in fashion and always be aware of what I wear by staying constantly updated with the fashion speed and being around people who are constantly interested in and driven for fashion.
4. Where do you find your inspiration? I find inspiration from the people around me, social media and celebrities on television. For my men’s outfits, I like to portray a casual look sometimes by dressing in style with the hip hop fashion trend with a loose shirt, jeans or shorts, sneakers, a ball hat and sometimes a bomber jacket depending on the weather. I love to look classy a lot more so I’ll wear fitted dress shirts, suit and pants which I get a lot from social media and television. For the female apparel that I sell, I get inspirations from friends around me and bloggers on social media. As for the business, I get my inspiration from my passion to do the business and making people happy. I feel so much joy and happiness to see people happy to be highlighted as Miss SeeMeNow for an entire month on the front page of my website.
5. What advice would you give to others starting out? a. The best advice I’ll give is to keep their heads down and stay focused because the best is yet to come.
6. How do you select the brands you are going to work with? I look for them online or they reach out to me sometimes. However, I select the brands I want to work with if they connect with the style that my team and I are portraying, which is an affordable fashion forward trendy look for both Women and Men.
7. What is your favorite go-to-look? For women, my favorite go-to-look is a bodycon dress and a pair of short or tall heels because it works well for going out on dates, night out dancing, light shopping and even out with friends. For men, a pair of ripped or motorcycle jeans, loose t-shirt with a wide round neck, a ball hat and a pair of Nike or Adidas sneakers.
8. Any advice you would give people to spruce up a simple look? Be creative and willing to step out of your comfort zone. For women, don’t be afraid to try new things too, step out of your comfort zone and throw on a fitted dress with heels to go out on a date or dance and wear something loose or sporty on a casual day. For men, it took me a little bit of time to adjust to skinny jeans and fitted dress pants when they started to come in style but I had to step out of my comfort zone.
9. What projects are you currently working on? I had a very successful pop up store last year and I’m currently working on opening another pop up before the end of this year or early next year.
10. Where do you see your company going in the next 3 years? I see my company expanding, being on the verge of opening a local store or stores in other cities where people can come to shop for affordable fashion forward apparel and also see themselves on displays around the store. I also see people asking my fashion team for free fashion tips through my website and in store when it becomes a reality.
Shop online at See Me Now Apparel
Like See Me Now Apparel on Facebook
Follow See Me Now Apparel on instagram
Tweet See Me Now Apparel